512. Robert Mayfield 1 was born 2, 3 about 1635 in Glouster Co., VA (Poss. England). He died 4, 5 before 16 Aug 1715 in Essex Co., VA. Robert married 6 Sarah Unknown on WFT Est. 1654-1684.
Robert may have been born in England. There is a christening of a RobertMayfield, parents Robert and Alice, May 23, 1620 at London, Saint Mary atHill and a baptism on Feb 21, 1620 of Robert Mafield, at Nottingham,parents William and Elizabeth.-J. Hoyle Mayfield, 1994
Robert had a will dated 3 DEC 1714 in which he listed his children in theorder
1. Robert, 2. Abraham, 3. John, 4. Isaac, 5. Jacob, 6. Jane M., 7.Catherine, 8. Anne
-J. Hoyle Mayfield, 1994
Will Abstract Dated 3 DEC 1714 Probated 16 Aug 1715 Essex Co, VA: ROBERTMAYFIELD, SR. will: to wife Sarah Mayfield all land and movable estduring her life. One shilling each to sons Robert, Abraham, John,Isaac. To son Jacob all land at decease of wife. One shilling each todaughters Catherine GREGORY, Jane GRAVES, Anne CONNELEY. Ext's & Exor:wife Sarah and son Robert. s/Robert x Mayfield. Wit: Daniel Hayes,Cornelius Sale. Proved by oath of Sarah Mayfield, widow, Executrix, etc.16 Aug 1715. Bond dated 16 Aug 1715, L 50 Sterl. Sarah Mayfield, Extrxof will of Robt.Mayfield dec'd. s/Sarah x Mayfield, John x Mayfield, Johnx Loyde. Wit. names omitted.
1678 Rapp,Ess.Co: Francis Graves m Jane Maguffey wid/John
1702 " KATHERINE GRIGORY wid/Richard m Thomas Snead.
1733 " Anne Mayfield m Thomas Connaly.
Robert would have been about 94 when he died in 1714, if he is theoriginal Robert who came to this country in 1652. All of the childrenwere adults at the time of his death. He very likely came over as anindentured servant and probably had to work seven years to gain hisfreedom. He would not have been free to marry without his master'spermission; therefore, he probably married late in life. -J. HoyleMayfield, 1994
Glouster Co., VA - Richard Long . . . M. 3 235 DEC 6, 1652 350
On Milford Haven on W'ward side of a branch dividing from George Billop[Bishop]. HR [Head rights] Edward Dymont, Henry King, Robert Maysfield,Hannah Cotton, Mary James, Thomas Hale, Lt. Col. Griffith, And his wife.-J. Hoyle Mayfield, 1994
On record of Rappahannock Co. deed in 1677 (later Essex County). -J.Hoyle Mayfield, 1994
Oct 21, 1684 - Rappahannock Co. his name shown in description of Wm Batesland, south side of river.
-J. Hoyle Mayfield, 1994
He appears as a defendant in 1684 court records. -J. Hoyle Mayfield, 1994
Sept 3, 1690 - listed as juror in Rappahannock Co., VA -J. HoyleMayfield, 1994
In Essex Co. - Juror in land squabble between Nicholas Franklin, Plt., &Rich'd Goode, Deft., Sworn before Mr. Robt. Brooke. Verdict: Do not findDef't a trespasser. 9 Feb 1704. -J. Hoyle Mayfield, 1994
On Rent roll in Essex Co. in 1704. -J. Hoyle Mayfield, 1994
Witness to a deed dated 12 Mar 1711 Virginia Colonial Abstracts Vol.VIII, Wills & Deeds 1711-1714, p. 14 ref. p. 37 -J. Hoyle Mayfield, 1994
513. Sarah Unknown 1 was born 2 1640 in Essex Co., VA. She died 3 WFT Est. 1693-1735.
640. Benjamin Clifton 1 was born 2 about 1650 in Unknown. He died 3 Jul 1713 in York Co., VA. Benjamin married 4 Elinor about 1681 in York Co., VA.
641. Elinor 1 was born 2 before 1666 in Unknown. She died 3 22 Mar 1716/1717 in York Co., VA.
704. John I Clothier was born 1667. He died UNKNOWN. John married Sarah Brown on 1703. [Parents]
705. Sarah Brown was born 1683. She died 1774.
832. Pierre Chastain Dr. was born about 1659 in Charost, Berri, France. He died 3 Oct 1728 in Manakin, Goochland, VA. Pierre married Anne Soblet on UNKNOWN in Goochland, VA. Pierre was baptized 9 Apr 1659 in , now located in the Archives Departemantales de l'Indre at. [Parents]
Arrived in Virginia on the ship Mary and Ann with other Huguenotsettlers. Was NOT the son of John Francis Chastain. Dr. Cameron Allendid extensive research in the European Archives and fount documentationthrough the legal records there of Pierre's parentage [Estienne Chastainand Jeanne Laurent), his siblings, and his first wife Susanne Renaud.Our Pierre was not married to the infamous Magdalaine de la Rochefaucald;his second wife was Anne Soblet, and third was Mary Magdalene Trabue, thewidow of Antoine Trabue. -- Jim Chesteen [email@example.com] 9/15/98
833. Anne Soblet was born about 1684 in Sedan, Province Of Champagne, France. She died 3 Apr 1723 in Manakin, Goochland, VA. Anne was baptized 27 Oct 1675 in sedan, Ardennes, France. [Parents]
848. John Carter was born 21 Feb 1694/1695 in Delaware Co., PA. He died Jun 1760 in Chester Co., PA. John married Isabell Akinson on 3 Mar 1715/1716 in Buck Co., PA. [Parents]
849. Isabell Akinson was born 1697 in Lancashire, England. She died 1760 in PA. [Parents]
850. Brinsley Barnes was born 1705 in Chester, PA. He died 5 May 1796 in Wilkes Co, NC. Brinsley married Elizabeth on UNKNOWN. [Parents]
851. Elizabeth was born 1708 in Chester, PA. She died UNKNOWN.
Surname List | Name Index